Nonprofits, first responders plan Emergency Fair
FORT COLLINS — The Red Cross will join with other nonprofits and governmental groups to conduct an Emergency Fair, Saturday, April 16.
The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Poudre Fire Authority Training Center, 3400 W. Vine Drive. The Red Cross is partnering with Larimer County Office of Emergency Management, Poudre Fire Authority District, Uphelp, United Way of Larimer County, Serve 6.8, Leta911 and Lutheran Family Services.
The free event is designed to prepare residents for disasters brought on by climate change, including intense storms, heavier rain, higher temperatures, severe droughts and record-setting wildfires. It will include:
- Preparedness classes for children in Grades K-5.
- Hands-only CPR and Stop the Bleed Training.
- Home Fire Safety Classes.
- Signups for free smoke-alarm Installation.
- Free basic survival supplies. (Supplies are limited and first-come, first-serve.)
- Light refreshments and snacks.