BOULDER — Boulder, Boulder County and Partners for a Clean Environment announced Monday the launch of the Small Business Equity Program, which “help[s] small businesses save energy and money by replacing outdated restaurant/grocery equipment and lighting,” according to a joint news release.
The grant program covers 70% of the cost of qualifying replacements.
Turn your utility expense into an asset with solar energy and boost your commercial property value by over $1,000,000. The 2020 Federal Investment Tax Credit allows commercial entities to directly reduce their taxes due by an amount equal to 26% of the solar project price in 2020.
To be eligible for this program, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Business is located within Boulder County. Minority-owned businesses are highly encouraged to apply
- Restaurants must be under 2,000 square feet and other businesses must be under 5,000 square feet.
For restaurant and grocery equipment:
- Existing equipment must have been manufactured in 2005 or earlier.
- Commercial equipment included in the grant: refrigerators, freezers, merchandisers, dishwashers, ice machines
Outdated lighting upgrade bonus:
- T12 fluorescent or incandescent lighting only.
More information, visit www.pacepartners.com/small-business.