LONGMONT — First Nations Development Institute has awarded $150,000 in grants to 10 Native American communities.
The funds — provided by the Walmart Foundation — will enable the communities to expand nutrition resources for programs that serve Native American children aged 6 to 14. Recipients of the $15,000 grants include:
• Akwesasne Boys & Girls Club, Akwesasne, N.Y.
• Fremont County School District 38, Arapahoe, Wyo.
• Keres Children’s Learning Center, Cochiti Pueblo, N.M.
• Lower Brule Community College, Lower Brule, S.D.
• Lummi Indian Business Council, Bellingham, Wash.
• Moenkopi Developers Corp. Inc., Tuba City, Ariz.
• Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians of Wisconsin, Bayfield, Wisc.
• Rocky Boys Schools District 87 J&L, Box Elder, Mont.
• The Center Pole, Garryowen, Mont.
• Yankton Sioux Tribe, Wagner, S.D.
First Nations Development Institute, based in Longmont, serves Native American communities throughout the United States.