University of Northern Colorado Provost Robbyn Wacker has announced the recipients of the school’s 2012 Academic Excellence Awards, which recognize excellence by faculty and programs in teaching, student advising, performance assessment, scholarship, service and leadership.
Sponsor Generated Content
Colorado small businesses are less likely to change health insurers for the upcoming year, even as they anticipate continued price increases, according to the second-annual Delta Dental of Colorado Small Business Survey.
Click here to read more
The recipients are:
- Teaching Excellence in Undergraduate Education: Charlotte Mills, Music
- Teaching Excellence in Graduate Education: Melissa Henry, Nursing
- Excellence in Faculty Service: Mark Smith, Sport and Exercise Science
- Excellence in Faculty Advisement: Robert Heiny, Mathematical Sciences
- School/Department Excellence in Service: School of Special Education
- School/Department Excellence in Scholarship: Department of History
- Excellence through Performance Assessment (two awards given): Cesar Chavez Cultural Center; Mathematical Sciences, College of Natural and Health Sciences
- Academic Leadership Excellence: Vergie Amendola, Music
Criteria for the awards include a thorough knowledge of the academic or professional field, ability to communicate that knowledge in an effective and organized manner, ability to create a positive learning environment, demonstration of respect and concern for students, ability to inspire enthusiasm for learning and high expectations for students’ performance.
The recipients will be honored at the annual Celebration of Academic Excellence Awards Reception April 24.