- FirstLine Safety Trailers, a maker and seller of safety trailers equipped to protect users and the environment in the event of a job-site accident or hazardous materials incident.
- Branch Out Cider, a craft cidery that will produce apple-based wine from apple trees belonging to Northern Colorado residents.
- UNC Ride Away, a pedi-cab service for the student population on the UNC campus.
- Bedside Solutions, a firm providing a disposable medical device that inexpensively and effectively delivers low-flow oxygen therapy to patients.
- Lockers on Wheels, a mobile locker service that provides individual storage for attendees of concerts, festivals and events to safely store their belongings
“The business concepts were diverse, well presented and very impressive. This competition continues to attract great ideas and celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit in the Front Range,” said David Thomas, assistant professor of management for the college.
The finalists will present their business plans in a “Shark Tank” format during the Monfort College of Business Entrepreneurial Challenge on Thursday, March 8 from noon-5 p.m. at the University Center at UNC.
The event is free and open to the public, with opportunities to hear the presentations, meet the finalists and network with other entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Winners will be announced that night at the Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards at the Union Colony Civic Center in Greeley, a Northern Colorado Business Report event that the Monfort College of Business is sponsoring.
Tickets to that event are $45 and can be purchased at www.ncbr.com. 9News Business Reporter Gregg Moss will serve as emcee for the Entrepreneurial Challenge event and Bravo! award ceremony. This year’s first-place Entrepreneurial Challenge winner will receive $18,000. The second-place winner gets $10,000 and third-place receives $8,000.