The agencies and projects funded in this distribution were:
- A Kid’s Place – for operational purposes.
- Book Trust –to support Billie Martinez and Maplewood elementary school students with book purchases.
- Colorado State University Foundation – for the Concepts in Color science program at Milliken Elementary School.
- Goodwill Industries of Denver – to support at-risk students at Greeley Central, Greeley West, Northridge and Jefferson high schools.
- Lutheran Family Services – for the SafeTouch: Body Safety program.
- Weld Food Bank – for the Backpack Program.
The Littler Youth Fund, an endowment with the Community Foundation, was established in 1972 by Hubert and Mary Littler for the benefit of youth in Weld County. Since 1986 when the Fund began making quarterly distributions, it has made grants to hundreds of youth programs totaling more than $2.6 million. Based on the changing needs of the community, it has been able to support a variety of youth organizations. From the joy of hearing a professional jazz band to mental health counseling, education and cultural activities to providing healthy snacks, the fund has provided opportunities for children that they may have not had otherwise. The Littler’s generosity has created a lasting legacy that addresses the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow by providing grants to support programs that benefit the youth of Weld County.
Please check our Web site at www.cfsgwc.org for more information and upcoming grant application deadlines. Applications are available upon request from the Community Foundation, 711 8th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631 or from the Community Foundation Web site. For more information, contact Lauren Weber at 970-304-9970 or email@example.com.