Each finalist — competing for a total of $50,000 in prize money — will present a business plan, followed by a question-and-answer session by the judges. Audience members also will be given the opportunity to ask questions. The presentation schedule is as follows:
- Noon: Membrane Protective Technologies, which uses technology to protect dairy cattle sperm used in artificial insemination from freezing and thawing;
- 1:05 p.m.: Grouse Malting and Roasting Co., focusing on organic, gluten-free grains for brewing and baking;
- 2:10 p.m.: The Urban Farm Co., which plants organic vegetable gardens for homeowners and businesses;
- 3:15 p.m.: WildFit Gyms, an outdoor fitness equipment company featuring website and mobile app integration;
- 4:15 p.m.: Vertikle/5280 Prosthetics, which makes prosthetic devices.
- 5:30 p.m.: Winners will be announced at the Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards at the Union Colony Civic Center, a Northern Colorado Business Report event sponsored by the Monfort College of Business. Bravo tickets cost $49 at www.ncbr.com.
Gregg Moss, 9News business reporter, will serve as emcee at the event and award ceremony. This year’s first place winner will earn $25,000. Second place will receive $15,000, and third will win $10,000.
For a detailed schedule of events or to view live streaming video of the finalists’ presentations, visit www.mcb-echallenge.com.