Seventeen businesses were nominated for the award by students, colleagues and customers. The judging panel is composed of past award winners, BBB Board members and others.
The finalists are:
• AGPROfessionals, Greeley, Colo.
• Capitol Roofing, Cheyenne, Wyo.
• FMS Bank, Fort Morgan and Greeley, Colo.
• Greeley Hat Works Inc., Greeley, Colo.
• L & H Industrial, Gillette, Wyo.
• Microbial Research Inc., Fort Collins, Colo.
• Mountain West Farm Bureau, Laramie, Wyo.
• SteamMaster Restoration and Cleaning LLC, Minturn, Colo.
• Wyoming State Bank, Laramie and Cheyenne, Wyo.
Nomination entries were prepared by business students from the University of Wyoming, Colorado State University and the University of Northern Colorado. The program was put in place to recognize businesses for their ethical practices in the workplace, as well as to provide students an opportunity to learn different business models.
The award has been bestowed to more than 80 businesses since the program’s inception in 1999 by the BBB Center for Character Ethics, a program of the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust.
Three businesses were presented with the award in 2013: GF Harvest, a gluten free oats company from Powell, Wyo.; Basic Beginnings from Laramie, Wyo.; and Jorgensen Laboratories Inc., out of Loveland, Colo.
Additional information about the event can be found here.