Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., is hosting Startup Day Across America today with events in Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont and Boulder.
The event, launched five years ago, connects elected officials with startups in their area. The bipartisan, bicameral effort is meant to raise awareness and generate support for startup communities across the country.
It is highly likely you have heard of Bitcoin on a news broadcast lately. What exactly is Bitcoin though and why is everybody so excited… read more
Several House Democrats and Republicans, as well as senators, have signed on to the event. Last year, more than 75 elected officials participated.
For his part, Polis has events scheduled across the Front Range.
- In Fort Collins, he is meeting with the startup Food Corridor, which helps food businesses book commercial kitchens, storage, processors, co-packers and other needs.
- In Loveland, he is visiting Herbal Heart Apothecary, a woman-owned skincare company that uses ingredients grown on-site.
- Polis is having lunch at Longmont’s Samples World Bistro with U.S. Rep. Ken Buck. Samples Bistro is a startup that partners with Samples Supports to provide job experience and long-term employment to underserved populations in the community.
- Polis is visiting Noble Gran Agriculture at Black Cat Farms in Boulder. Noble Grain is a nonprofit that promotes domestic milled-to-order grains.
- Next is Mountain Standard on Boulder’s Pearl Street. Mountain Standard is a mountain apparel company focused on transparent pricing.
- Finally, Polis is moderating a panel on startups at The Rayback Collective in Boulder.