BOULDER — The Boulder Chamber has announced the honorees for its 2017 Celebration of Leadership program, to be held Thursday, March 2, at the Dairy Arts Center in Boulder:
- Tamil Maldonado-Vega and José Beteta, executive director of the Boulder County Latino Chamber, will receive the Community Impact Award. “This local dynamic duo has provided our community with greater access to multicultural arts through Tamil’s creation of Barrio E’ and helped strengthen the diversity of our business community through Jose’s leadership of the Latino Chamber of Commerce, among their many other business and volunteer endeavors,” the chamber said in a press release.
- Boulder Organic Foods LLC will be recognized with the Rising Star Award for “their impressive growth as a Boulder company, their ongoing commitment to quality products and their innovative approach in cultivating a loyal and dedicated staff,” the chamber said. Kate Brown, founder and president, and Greg Powers, CEO, will accept the award on behalf of Boulder Organic Foods.
- Techtonic Group, a provider of custom Web-based software and mobile application development, has been named Innovative Company of the Year. “In 2016, the company launched Techtonic Academy, a unique, innovative training program that equips underprivileged youth and military veterans with training, mentoring and software development skills as a means of creating new career paths,” the chamber said. “In the same year, the Academy was registered by the U.S. Department of Labor as part of the national apprenticeship system, becoming the first government-recognized technology apprenticeship program in Colorado.” Heather Terenzio, CEO of Techtonic Group, will be accept the award.
- Dirk Friel and Gear Fisher, co-Founders of Peaksware, have been selected for the Virginia Patterson Business People of the Year Award. “Originally founded as TrainingPeaks, training software used by Olympic-level athletes, Peaksware eventually grew to encompass several other brands that share a common approach of focused practice and immediate feedback,” the chamber said. “Today, Peaksware is the holding company for Training Peaks, MakeMusic, Alfred, Best Bike Split and Train Heroic, all software platforms that connect creators, instructors, and performers allowing them to publish, teach and train.”
- Jon Kottke, co-Founder and partner at Kottke & Brantz LLC, and Betsey Martens, executive director of Boulder Housing Partners, each will be honored with the Franny Reich Lifetime Achievement Award.
Summer is within reach; school is almost out and many people are thinking about vacations and warmer weather. With a third of the year behind… read more
“Kottke, a business lawyer, has been described as “the ultimate volunteer,” having championed innumerable fundraising campaigns and helped guide many local non-profit organizations to success,” the chamber said. “His commitment to the Boulder community shines through the critical human service and life-saving work these organizations perform due to his efforts.
Martens, known as a “transformational leader,” has grown the Boulder Housing Partners from a small, asset-focused housing authority into the leading community voice on public and affordable housing. Under her leadership, the Boulder Housing Partners have received numerous accolades, both locally and nationwide for their innovative approach and positive impact on the communities served. Though Martens has decided to move on from BHP in June, the foundation she has built will undoubtedly leave a lasting legacy,” the chamber said.
“We are very excited to honor each of these individuals during the 2017 Celebration of Leadership,” said John Tayer, president and CEO of Boulder Chamber. “Each of them has been instrumental in shaping the character and success of Boulder’s business community. We are honored to recognize their achievements and positive impact.”
The 2017 Celebration of Leadership will take place Thursday, March 2, from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Dairy Arts Center in Boulder. Tickets are are available through the Boulder Chamber, http://cm.boulderchamber.com/events/details/celebration-of-leadership-2017-8591.